So here I am in which what looks like I’m making out with the wall ball at the #OgarStrong fundraiser at @torrancecrossfit. 10ft line sucks. Over 70 reps sucks.
#crossfit #wod #fundraiser #ogar #strengthinnumbers #livefit310 #wallballs #fitness #fitblr #makeout #getlow #tcf #torrance @crossfit310 @kevinogar
Front squat 1RM PR at 160lbs!! Did a little wiggle coming up but I’ll take it - been working on form. Happy to PR specially on a day when I can’t WOD with everyone. #crossfit #crossfit310 #squat #frontsquat #strength #wod #dropitlikeasquat @crossfit310 thanks for filming @gburford
2013 CrossFit Games Recap
This is my third year in a row going to the Games and it is so different every time. The only thing that really remains the same is extremely hard working athletes giving it their all. First, me and my ladies:
- Highly dislike the segregation of Silver and Gold passes. Also highly dislike you can’t purchase single day passes. The live ESPN streaming somewhat made up for the diss to the po’ folk.
- The half-marathon row was a snoozer for the spectator.
- Broke my ole heart to see Froning struggle in the pool event - but it also made me happy because that was a true testament to the fact that he (or any athlete) is not unstoppable.
- Legless rope climbs make me shudder. I pray to the CF gods that we won’t see any of those programmed at our box. Otherwise, hey scaling, how you doin’?
- Naughty Nancy looked like pure endurance hell. Dare I say it looked like the OHS were the “break” to breathe after running? But then again, hello trying to run with dead legs. Smdh.
- The “Worm” made me think of what wine I should have that night because of the cork resemblance.
- Insanely mind boggling to see the beast weight these ladies are throwing up overhead in the Clean & Jerk Ladder.
- Lucas Parker is so mechanical and magical. He is on-point with his form for every single lift he does. I think his beard holds secrets.
- Lucas Parker and Aja Barto going head-to-head on the C&J Ladder proved that there is no ideal height, shape or size for an athlete to be an amazingly strong olympic lifter.
- A bit shocking to see the usual "top ladies" (Camille and Clever) not even break the Top 10. I sit and wonder how different (if at all) it would have been had Annie T and Julie Foucher competed.
- Khalipa is amazing. One of the vets and still on top of his game. He got so close, so very close. Would have been rad to see him get his second title after five years.
- That guy in that one team with the broken finger that did a one-armed snatch along with a deadlift, pull-up, C2B and a clean in the Pig event to keep his team in the running. All with essentially one-arm! Or 7 fingers at the most. All for the sake of his team. True team player.
- I wish I had hundreds (or thousands) of dollars to spend on all the goodies there like more socks, tanks, oly shoes, headbands, etc.
- Motocross and BMX demo at the Games? Really, CrossFit?
- Tyga performing at the Games? Come on, Crossfit. You’re drunk, go home.
- And Froning takes the three-peat Fittest Man on Earth title! You all know I have a soft spot in my heart for my hubby but I did secretly wish that Khalipa would have taken it.
- Sam Briggs, Fittest Woman on Earth! She is a legit beast. Kind of scares me a bit. I’m curious if she would have taken it if Annie T and/or Julie Foucher would’ve competed. Guess we’ll never know until next year!
There you have it, folks. My third year at The Games. The experience keeps getting so different year and I’ll be honest, not necessarily for the better in my opinion. I know the Games will never be like they were because it keeps growing, but i do miss when it wasn’t so commercialized and such huge a production like in 2011.
Check out my squat clean face. First time hitting the Other Total and it was a good time. I PR’d all across - granted some skills I haven’t gone for a 1RM in a while. But happy with results!
@crossfit310 #crossfit #wod #pr #igfitness #fitblr #olympic #strength #weightlift #getsome #squatface
Battle of the Fitness
I recently talked about this but it just keeps popping up so I’m going to blog about it again. The constant bashing of each others fitness programs continues and it sucks. And it comes from both sides.
Dear fellow CrossFit folk: Stop the superiority complex. Believe me, i love it, too. After three years of CrossFitting I better love it! But what’s the point in acting superior to other fitness? Bashing things like Zumba and marathoners and prancercise (haha) is dumb.
Dear everyone else doing bashing against CrossFit: Why do you care? Maybe you’re defensive because you heard a CrossFitter bashing yours? Fair enough. It can be a vicious cycle. But memes like the one below get to me because I personally know many people that I CrossFit with (including myself) who enjoy other sports and activities outside of the box such as volleyball, soccer, jiujitsu, self-defense, surfing, hiking, triathlons and much more. And needless to say, i CrossFit with many police officers, firefighters, FBI and military. They would all agree it’s great supplemental training for their careers and the others agree it’s supplemental for whatever they do outside of the box.
Bottom line? Can’t we all just get along? At least people are moving and staying active!
Rant over, carry on.