This Sunday I’ll be participating in the 5k Color Run in Irvine, CA. Since I have a wonky knee still (thorn in my arse), I’ll be jogging and walking it.
I’m just looking forward to being sprayed with colors throughout the run!
Did I mention that I moved? Did I mention I am now about mile and half away from the beach? And did I mention that there is a little random playground on my block? Hello random workouts. Thank you MDA, thank you.
What I do when I have a spare minute at home.
Had paleo/primal and also non-paleo/primal friendly food while camping in Dana Point beach camping! Right on the sand…sooooo relaxing I definitely needed that!
Food of the weekend: Hotdogs (yes with bun) Smores for dessert Turkey/cheese sandwiches (I opted for no bread and just wrapped meat with cheese) Handmade burgers (worchester, garlic, and egg to hold form - and yes bun again) Smores
Gotta indulge every now and then and it was worth it! Tomorrow starts a new week and can cleanse from the indulgences.
Impressed and Proud
Sadly I have not been on Tumblr as much as I used to be because of my new work schedule, but when I do hop on I try to catch up with my fellow fitblrs and also I have the tag “crossfit” saved and I look over any new crossfitters out in this Tumblr world and
- there are so many new crossfitters out there with blogs now!!! Even some people I already follow have BECOME crossfitters!! I LOVE IT!
When I first started to crossfit back in April 2010, so many people had questions about what it is and thought I was crazy lol! I’m so glad people are embracing it! No shame in getting strong!
Strong is the new skinny!
….and here he is!
The boy who has stolen my little cold heart and ran with it. Here we are at the 2010 X-Games at Staples Center to watch the Moto-X Speed & Style Finals!
Go Ahead…Have an Affair This Summer…..
With the outdoors that is! Make it a point to get outside and just explore and play! Even if you’re just walking, you’d be doing something more than sitting at home in front of your television or computer. If you have a dog, take him/her for a walk to your local park or beach. Grab a friend and chat about life and love and you’ll be surprised how much ground you can cover when you’re in good conversation. Beyond just walking, there are plenty of other fun ways to get you moving outdoors:
- Hiking - Most areas have SOMEWHERE where you can hike, even if it’s up a steep hill or street. There are places close to me that have waterfalls or amazing views from the top, so those little gems can make the hike worth it!
- Kayaking - Whether you have a river, lake, or ocean nearby, you can either use your own kayak if you have one, borrow, or rent one but this is a great workout to do on your own or with a friend. Near me we have numerous places to rent a kayak and you get to pick whether you want one that seats two or one.
- Surfing - Obviously this is for those who live near enough to a beach! The waves alone offer a great challenge even if you are just swimming but learning to surf is great for fitness with the constant paddling in and out.
- Wakeboarding - Live near enough to a body of water and have (or your friend has) a boat to use? Think about renting and learn to wakeboard! This sport is great for arms AND legs!
- Beach volleyball - Get down and dirty and play some beach volleyball with a group of friends! Don’t have that many friends interested? Then grab one friend and learn to “pepper” back and forth.
- Touch Football - Get a group of friends or family and play some touch football like the good old days! Some competition action is just the fuel some people need to have fun and exercise at the same time.
- Swimming - Whether you have your own or you have to visit a friend with one, get yourself to a pool and just swim! Do some laps but also have fun and play. Play around doing handstands, race with a friend, or play a game of monkey in the middle with a couple friends!
- Play with kids - Kids are suckers for playing and what better way to get you AND kids playing than outdoors. Let’s face it, nowadays kids aren’t getting enough exercise period. So whether you have your own kid(s), your an uncle/aunt, or you’re friends have kids, get outside and play tag with them, or hide and seek, or throw a frisbee around, etc.
How do YOU plan to have your affair with the outdoors this summer?