Why is it that people in relationships have a tendency to feel bad for their friends who don’t have a significant other? And they are always saying they think they know someone you may like? As if being single is a curse or automatically means you’re lonely.
You know what time it is right now for me?
It’s time for me to be selfish.
It’s for me to do things only thinking about myself.
If I want to watch a girlie flick, I can do so without the worry of a guy trying to dissuade me.
If I want to spend a Saturday night giving myself a mani/pedi, I can do so without complaint from anyone.
If I want to roll around my entire bed throughout the night, I can do so without worrying about bumping anyone off of it.
If I want to spend a night just reading, i can do so without worrying that I’m ignoring someone.
If I want to just date without worrying about hurting anyone’s feelings, I can do so.
If I want to have a set workout schedule throughout the week, i can do so without someone complaining that I don’t have time for them.
If I want to go on a weekend getaway with just the girls, I can do so.
If I don’t feel like shaving my legs for a week or two, I can do so (more than that it just gets uncomfortable).
I can make myself whatever I’M craving without having to consider what someone else might be craving.
If I want to flirt shamelessly with the guy at the store, I can do so without guilt.
Clearly, many if these things can and are done by women in relationships, but not all. This is ME time and I am totally okay with that.
EDIT: After reading a couple replies I feel I need to add to this. I am in no way knocking being in a relationship. I’ve been in a few good ones where it’s great and you don’t feel you need all the things I listed, I am fully aware. I am only referring to the people in relationships that pity those who are not. The people who automatically think you’re incomplete because you don’t have a significant other. Or think you want to be set up all the time. THAT is who I am referring to.
35 Notes/ Hide
- esthrday likes this
- mangochickens likes this
- agleckle likes this
- mr365 said: its all social conditioning. most people are afraid to do something that isn’t the “married by 30, kids by 35” norm and you’re invalidating their fears with every awesome day of single life.
- chocolatecocoaaddict reblogged this from myquirkylife and added:
- heartofglass805 likes this
- the-intern-archives likes this
- mirnasblog likes this
- wedontcarryyourshoesize said: Gurl you know thats not me - I say live it up and be single! It is a time to enjoy yourself and be young.
- fabulousloser reblogged this from myquirkylife and added:
- captainrobocop likes this
- suttsgetsfit likes this
- ellapalooza likes this
- k8sheed likes this
- simplyashbea likes this
- holdthewhippedcream likes this
- chocolatecocoaaddict likes this
- queenxtine likes this
- queenxtine said: You go girl. Being single is NOT a curse.
- luciwithani likes this
- myquirkylife posted this