Oh New York!
Sorry I have been so M.I.A. from Tumblr my friends, but things have been extremely hectic the past couple weeks! I have been on-the-go for the past couple weeks with mostly iPhone access only, not laptop/computer! I’m not too fond of posting from my phone, so that explains my absence.
Let me recap New York trip:
- My first 3 days were spent in Long Island with the bride and helping her out with last minute wedding errands…and believe me there were a lot! More than we realized! Poor girl was so stressed out but she did it all herself, all the planning, everything. We stayed up till 4am all those 3 nights helping her out.
- The wedding was in Glen Cove in Long Island and it was absolutely beautiful!
- After the wedding had a bit of a fight with the friendboy, tears were shed, and arguing…when I had done nothing, BUT we eventually talked it all out and it all worked out. I won’t bore you with those details.
- We all went out Saturday night to the city, had Italian food in Little Italy (it was good, not great), and then we went out and drank and danced at Slate in Uptown! That was a lot of fun!
- Sunday day was a big mess. We had plans to go into the city all day, meet up with Ella (Shrinking in the City), To have Sunday and Monday all day to be in the city. Yeah……didn’t quite work out that way because the trains were a big cluster fuck in the city and Long Island! And the only way from Long Island to Manhattan is the trains (or car but it’s like an hour drive and the bride/groom had been driving so much already). So we ended up having to wait until they took another couple to the airport and take the subway from the airport into Manhattan
- Then I finally saw Ella!!!! Her place is so cute and the doggie that lives there, Bella, is SO adorable and just loves attention!
- We walked to Shake Shack, an amazing burger place she recommended! Of course it’s not In N Out lol but it was still so delicious, and since I was on vacation, I had the bun and the fries too!
- Then understandably she was very tired and we were going to do touristy things so we went on our own while she got some rest!
- The city is so crazy and amazing! From her place we were able to walk to many landmark places like Times Square, the Empire State Building, Radio City Music Hall, etc.
- Slept at Ella’s and had FULL intentions of going to Equinox and use the VIP pass she so thoughtfully got for us, but we were so wiped from night before walking everywhere and the time change just got us and we woke up little late and had loads to see since it was our only full day in the city! Next time definitely Ella!!
- Got my workout in the form of walking nearly the ENTIRE city! Walked uptown, midtown, upper east side, upper west side, ALL of Central Park, etc.
- Had Grey’s Papaya for lunch…it was good, but not great, I think my expectations were just way too high.
- Shared a cookie from Levain Bakery….MY SWEET LORD! It was soooo good and sooo soft and sooooo thick!!!
- Was hoping to head to Chinatown for dinner with Ella but she had class till late, boo :( So we packed up our stuff and made our way from her place to Downtown - and screw the subways!!! We got so confused for a while and damn iPhone for giving us wrong directions!! We EVENTUALLY made it to Chinatown and had some delicious food at Joe’s Ginger (had gotten amazing reviews on Yelp).
- Then the bride was a life saver and informed me she was heading into the city and can give us a ride back to Long Island (where the rest of my luggage was).
- Tuesday we made our trek to La Guardia, which I will NEVER fly into again!!!!! There is no direct way to get to La Guardia from Long Island OR the city. We had to take the train, then a subway, and then a bus to La Guardia, that sucked balls!
- Oh and come to find out my flight was canceled and I was rebooked to depart 2 hours later. So needless to say I spent the entire day on trains, subways, buses, airports, and planes and so glad to be home now!
I would like to express my sincerest apologies to the Fitblrs I had plans to meet up with but I sadly was not in the city long enough to get to a WOD or meet up! I wasn’t able to get away before wedding like I had planned (or wanted to) and I had no clue the trek from Long Island to Manhattan was an hour! Next time definitely will be in the city mostly! And if any of you come to L.A. I’d be more than happy to meet up (and fellow CrossFitters would love to do a WOD with you)!